Read all the latest news here, or in our annual archives
Launching the FASD Australian Registry. Find out more here: www.fasdregistry.org.au
Donnelley E, Teutsch S, Zurynski Y, Nunez C, Khandaker G, Lester-Smith D, Festa M, Booy R, Elliott EJ, Britton PN; Contributors to the Australian Paediatric Surveillance Unit. Severe Influenza-Associated Neurological Disease in Australian Children: Seasonal Population-Based Surveillance 2008-2018, J Pediatric Infect Dis Soc. 2022 Sep 25:piac069. doi: 10.1093/jpids/piac069. Online ahead of print.
- Morris, A., Elliott, E., & Madden, S. Early-onset eating disorders in Australian children: A national surveillance study showing increased incidence. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 1– 5. (2022).
- Nunez C, Eslick GD, Elliott EJ. Trampoline centre injuries in children and adolescents: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Injury Prevention. 2022 May 11.
- Eslick GD, Nunez C, Elliott EJ. Injury and death associated with jumping castles: a public health issue. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health. 2022;58(3):546-8.
- Phillips NL, Zimmet MD, Phu A, Rattan M, Zurynski Y, Elliott EJ. Impact of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder on families. Archives of Disease in Childhood. 2022 Mar 16.
- Cheung MMY, Tsang TW, Watkins R, Birman C, Popova S, Elliott EJ. Ear Abnormalities Among Children with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. J Pediatr. 2022;242:113-120.e16
- Walker LJ, Thorley BR, Morris A, Elliott EJ, Saul N, Britton PN; Australian Polio Expert Panel1. Using the Acute Flaccid Paralysis Surveillance System to Identify Cases of Acute Flaccid Myelitis, Australia, 2000‒2018. Emerg Infect Dis. 2022 Jan;28(1):20-28
- Nunez C, Morris A, Jones CA, Badawi N, Baynam G, Hansen M, Elliott EJ. Microcephaly in Australian children, 2016–2018: national surveillance study. Archives of Disease in Childhood. 2020 Nov 22.
- Teutsch SM*, Zurynski YA*, Nunez C, Lester-Smith D, Festa M, Booy R, Elliott EJ. Ten Years of National Seasonal Surveillance for Severe Complications of Influenza in Australian Children. The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. 2020 Oct 22. (* joint first authors).
- Teutsch SM, Nunez, CA, Morris A, McGregor S, King J, Brotherton JML, Novakovic D, Booy R, Jones, CA, Rawlinson W, Thorley BR, Elliott EJ. Australian Paediatric Surveillance Unit Annual Report, 2019. Commun Dis Intell (2018). 2020;44 https://doi.org/10.33321/cdi.2020.44.60. Epub 17/8/2020
- Heather Jeffery, Anne Morris, Elizabeth Elliott. New South Wales paediatricians’ experience with management of Sudden Unexpected Death in Infancy (SUDI): a study conducted by the Australian Paediatric Surveillance Unit. Prepared and submitted to the NSW State Coroners Court.
- Elizabeth Elliott. Creating Change Together hosted by Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education (FARE) – online event 2 December 2020
- Erin Donnelley, Suzy Teutsch, Yvonne Zurynski, Carlos Nunez, David Lester-Smith, Marino Festa, Robert Booy, Elizabeth Elliott, Philip N Britton, and Contributors to the Australian Paediatric Surveillance Unit. Seasonal population surveillance for severe neurological complications of influenza in Australian children 2008-2018. Abstract CIRCAN Virtual Symposium and RACP Trainee Research Awards. September 2020 (event cancelled due to COVID restrictions)
- Teutsch S, Zurynski Y, Nunez C, Lester-Smith D, Festa M, Booy R, Elliott E, and Contributors to the Australian Paediatric Surveillance Unit. Seasonal surveillance for severe complications of Influenza in Australian children. The Westmead Association Inc Hospital Week 2019 Research Symposium
- World Phonosurgery Congress - Sep 5 - 6, 2019 - Buenos Aires Argentina. Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis and the HPV vaccine (A/Prof Daniel Novakovic)
- ASEAN ORL-HNS Congress - Aug 23 , 2019 - Singapore - Invited Plenary Speaker - Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis and the impact of the HPV vaccine (A/Prof Daniel Novakovic)
- AIPN conference Nov 2019: Button batteries, the perfect product safety storm (Dr Ruth Barker)
- October 30th 2019 Standards Australia: Presentation to industry group about need for horizontal standard (Dr Ruth Barker)
- General Practice Conference & Exhibition, Melbourne November 2019: Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD): What does the GP need to know (Dr Marcel Zimmet)
- Ministry of Health, Auckland, September 2019: Two day FASD Diagnostic Workshop for clinicians (based on the Australian Guide) (Prof Elizabeth Elliott presenter workshop)
- Cutting Edge Conference, Auckland, September 2019: Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder – looking back, moving forward. (Prof Elizabeth Elliott plenary)
- Emerging Minds FASD webinar, Mental Health Professionals Network, September 2019: Working to support children and families living with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder. (Prof Elizabeth Elliott)
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder in children and adolescents Conference, Westmead, August 2019: Asking about alcohol in pregnancy (Prof Elizabeth Elliott presenter)
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder in children and adolescents Conference, Westmead, August 2019: Using the Australian Guide to diagnose FASD. (Prof Elizabeth Elliott presenter)
- Local Court of New South Wales Annual Conference, Sydney, August 2019: Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) and the judicial system. (Prof Elizabeth Elliott and Prof Jane Latimer invited speakers)
- Choice: Button battery safety failures (updated 14 March 2019)
- Choice collaboration: Sept 2019 Oral presentation at ministerial breakfast about button batteries followed by meetings with ministers and media opportunity (Dr Ruth Barker)
- 2019: Invited panel presentation at ACCC national Congress, March: General Safety Provision (Dr Ruth Barker)